Some cool stuff this week!
This week’s fun finds:
Wow. This is an amazing video of footage from around Berlin right after the end of WWII. Well worth a watch.. and the convertible bus?? I want to start that project!
Oh boy, life’s been crazy and this blog hasn’t gotten the attention it needs! But I’m back, baby. Hopefully!
- “The Hard Way” – Fantastic beach landing diorama
- Cool photos of the final atomic bomb assembly
- Repurposed Steyr Kommandeurwagen
- More photos from the Moson Model Show 2014
- Really interesting read with a veteran German tanker
- 27 Extremely Rare And Stunning Color Photos From World War II
- Amazing build: Flak Truck Mercedes L4500A 3.7cm Armoured Cab
- Satoshi Araki’s Work… it’s really quite impressive
- Seriously impressive Sd. Kfz. 250/7 interior build
- Texas history image portal – some good WWII stuff!
- Rick Lawler’s fantastic Komatsu G-40. Rusty goodness!
- “Am I late for the tram?” diorama
I’ve been super busy with life and work, so I’m finally getting back into the swing.
- Painting wooden boxes
- Figure painting step by step
- Very cool product I’ve just recently used to clean a gunked up brush. This brush cleaner is worth picking up.
- Transfer image onto wood with inkjet printer
- Very cool diorama: “How the gods kill”
- ScratchMod.com – if you haven’t seen this site, spend some time digging through the rusted model awesome!
- Hilarious use of a ceiling fan
- Not “modeling” content, per se, but very cool video of the creation of a model moped out of a bolt
And for some Friday Find coolness:
- Take some time and browse the Kubelmodel’s Facebook page. Some really incredible work!
- Painting a Wall in 1/35 scale. Step by Step
- Very cool model, but stunningly awesome base design!
- WWII Myths – T-34 Best Tank Of The War
- Amazing rusted omnibus hulk
- How to article for Vallejo Liquid metallic paints (and dig around this site… lots of great content!)
- Quick, but handy figure painting tutorial (click the “next” button to go through the steps)
- Beautiful Opel Omnibus model
- Creating realistic wood grain (I’ve been trying this method and it works!)
- Painting figures video (This is a basic view of the process, but a good reminder when we need to dust off our brains between figure projects)
- Very cool book I just ordered: WWII Diorama Art
And just because, here’s some additional non-modeling links to keep you people happy:
I missed last week’s links, but I have a good excuse… I was in Virginia at the IPMS Nationals! So let’s start off with some of that coolness from the event:
- Vendor room setup time lapse
- Amazingly well done 1/32 scale B-17 diorama (The propellor + sound timing is stunning)
- A behind the scenes version of the electronics of that B-17
- Cybermodeler Online show report
- Scale Model Soup report + his photo gallery
- A huge photo gallery of the creations at the show
- Judging time lapse (wow, that’s a lot of activity!)